In the section “People on site”, residents of the Hamukaka community, teachers, students of the Amasiko Greenschool and parents have their say. Also people who directly or indirectly feel connected to the community and the school.
Topics of conversation in this column are:
- How do they see their lives?
- What do they do?
- What are their wishes and aspirations?
- What are their goals?
My name is Akankwasa Willy Rwanyarare. In my village I am commonly called ” Frank “. I am 53 years old and live in Hamukaka village, near Kabale, the provincial capital in southwestern Uganda. Iam a social worker and the parish chief of Hamukaka village. At the same time, I am also the technical director of Amasiko Greenschool.
My wishes for our community are:
- Strengthening community cohesion: If community members work together like a team, we can achieve a lot and implement measures that can generate income for the residents, the community and the school.
- Quality school education for our children: Amasiko Greenschool is the first step towards a good education. Hoover, there is also a need for secondary schools because day schoolers need to travel long distances (8km). This requires the construction of more classrooms.
- Improving health conditions: We don’t have clean water in our community and are dependent on rain water or lake water. I wish to have a safe water supply and a small health station for the community and for the school.
I will continue to advocate for these goals and am grateful for the support we receive from Amasiko e.V.
My name is Nice. I am a Medical Laboratory Technician and I live and work at Mumo Health Center near Hamukaka community. I am very attached to the community and go there often! The community definitely needs better health care with a well-equipped health center. My goal is to establish such a health center to help the community. Another vision for me is to establish an ecolodge. This lodge could provide employment and income for the residents of Hamukaka. and that will again benefit the Amasiko Greenschool! Everybody has ambitions and these are mine! Together with Amasiko e.V.we will develop all this. The people here know that they are not alone.